Jeff Steinborn has a track record of passing legislation and securing funding to strengthen our community, protect our rich natural and cultural resources, and create a more transparent state government.
Jeff speaking in the Capitol rotunda in support of New Mexico’s public lands. January 21, 2016. Photo by Nathan Newcomer.
Jeff Has Passed Legislation on Important Issues
- Greater Protection of New Mexico’s Water
- Support For Our Veterans and Military
- Increased Oversight of Lobbyists
- Increase in the Minimum Wage
- Webcasting of Legislative Meetings
- Established Veterans Transitional Shelter in Las Cruces
- Tougher Consumer Protections
- Expanded Opportunities for Youth Civic Engagement
- Greater Enforcement for Disability Rights
- First Law in the Nation Overseeing Medical Imaging Professionals
- Creation of the Rio Grande Trail
Jeff Has Secured Funding for Numerous Community Projects
- 911 Emergency Call Center
- Police Body Cameras
- Radium Springs Community Center
- Doña Ana Boxing Club
- Veterans Park
- Disabled Veterans Transportation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Boys and Girls Club
- Hatch Flood Control
- NMSU Small Farms Institute
- Klein Park Improvements
- Lighting in the Mesquite and Alameda Depot Neighborhoods
- Outdoor Classroom Field Trips
- Special Needs Park
- Street Improvements in Las Cruces and Doña Ana County
- PTSD Training for New Mexico Nurses
- Las Cruces and Doña Ana County Animal Shelters
- St. Lukes and La Clinica de Familia Health Clinics
- Las Cruces Trap and Skeet Range
Jeff led the historic 10-year campaign to create the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument.
The Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument includes some of the most beautiful lands in Doña Ana County, including the Organ Mountains, Picacho Peak, Robledo Mountains, Doña Ana Mountains, Kilbourne Hole, Aden Lava Flow, and the Sierra de las Uvas Mountains.
May 21, 2014: Jeff Steinborn Standing with President Obama and US Senators Udall and Heinrich at the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument Designation, Department of the Interior, Washington DC.