Jeff Steinborn has a track record of passing legislation and securing funding to strengthen our community, protect our rich natural and cultural resources, and create a more transparent state government.
Jeff speaking in the Capitol rotunda in support of New Mexico’s public lands. January 21, 2016. Photo by Nathan Newcomer.
Jeff Has Passed Legislation on Important Issues
- Greater Protection of New Mexico’s Lands, Air, and Water
- Enhanced Film Incentives, Growing Las Cruces Film Industry
- Creation of the Outdoor Recreation Division, Creative Industries Division, and Rio Grande Trail
- Support For Our Veterans
- Establishment of the Independent Ethics Commission, and Greater Oversight of Lobbyists
- Increase in the Minimum Wage
- Webcasting of Legislative Committee Meetings
- Established the Veterans Transitional Shelter in Las Cruces
- Tougher Consumer Protections
- Expanded Opportunities for Youth Civic Engagement
- Greater Enforcement for Disability Rights
- First Law in the Nation Overseeing Medical Imaging Professionals
Jeff Has Secured Funding for Numerous Community Projects
- 911 Emergency Call Center
- Police Body Cameras
- Las Cruces Senior Centers
- Radium Springs Community Center
- Doña Ana Community Center, Flood Control, Trails, and Boxing Club
- Veterans Park
- Disabled Veterans Transportation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Boys and Girls Club
- Hatch Gateway Sign & Flood Control Projects
- NMSU Small Farms Institute
- Klein Park Improvements
- Lighting in the Mesquite and Alameda Depot Neighborhoods
- Outdoor Classroom Field Trips
- Special Needs Park
- Street Improvements in Las Cruces and Doña Ana County
- PTSD Training for New Mexico Nurses
- Las Cruces and Doña Ana County Animal Shelters
- St. Lukes and La Clinica de Familia Health Clinics
- Las Cruces Trap and Skeet Range
Jeff led the historic 10-year campaign to create the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument.
The Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument includes some of the most beautiful lands in Doña Ana County, including the Organ Mountains, Picacho Peak, Robledo Mountains, Doña Ana Mountains, Kilbourne Hole, Aden Lava Flow, and the Sierra de las Uvas Mountains.
May 21, 2014: Jeff Steinborn Standing with President Obama and US Senators Udall and Heinrich at the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument Designation, Department of the Interior, Washington DC.